23 August 2016

Why there?


Even though, I’ve mostly encountered curious and positive reactions when telling people I’d go to Mongolia, there is one questions they all have been asking me: Why there? Decent question. I always felt kind of unprepared for this question. “Well, I’m interested in development politics. I’m very interested in Eastern transformation countries and the rest I think is coincidence, isn’t it?” You just don’t and can’t plan life ahead. You can prioritize and you can work on your karma, and fortune eventually decides whether you’ll be given or not given a chance. So this time…Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia was my chance, and I decided to take it.

Now that I’ve been in the business of traveling for almost exactly 10 years (since I left home for exciting, open and nasty Berlin) I certainly know traveling is about receiving AND giving. Meaning I know I’ll have to expand energy to place myself in a new environment, a new culture. I’m more than willing to do so. This is my time. This is my place.

Asia. Mongolia. Ulaanbaatar. Six months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment